Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life's a Beach

While in NC for the first two weeks, Samantha and I also went to the Outer Banks for a week. During our trip there we got to go to the Aquarium. It was nice, except for the fact that the AC was out - it was seriously hotter inside than out and that is saying a lot!
In a moment of weakness, I allowed Samantha to suck on my Peach (all fruit, no milk, before I get a lecture) popsicle to ease the hit. However, in her true dramatic style she threw a complete fit everytime I took it away .... she became obsessed! As my sister said, I was going down a dangerous road...baby food just won't stand a chance if I introduce these goodies.
(Above) We stroke a pose in the Aquarium despite dripping with heat -- hence the run to the popsicle stand afterwards. ;)
We also got to visit the beach several times. You would think it would have been warm enough to get her in a little more, but it was freezing! This was as much as her or I were willing to get in!
Here Samantha is enjoying her new lovey. Nana sewed one of her binkies onto pooh bear, so that she can have something to cuddle when she falls asleep.... too cute! :)
Okay, so I admittedly suck at taking self portraits. But, here is one of my many efforts. Not bad, if the wind hadn't been whipping us around. Oh well, I keep trying. ;)

Thanks to Aunt Tara (my personal Once Upon a Child - I so love the awesome hand-me-downs!) Samantha got her first bouncer. The first time in it she was confused, after that you just had to put on some music and she went to town. Sadly, the first music she danced to was Back Street Boys -- blame Nana who pulled out a CD she had way too close to reach!
Tara and her family got to join us at the beach. Here is proof that not all children are obsessed with just one type of binkie also, because her youngest Allyson would take anything - hence the disturbing binkie that my sister bought her.
Yet another attempt at self-portraits. Yes, I am picture crazy. I literally took around 600 in one week - you are seeing but a small fraction of all the pictures I took. My poor 2nd and 3rd children will get so angry, because I can't possibly keep this up with them (or so I am told).
Posing with Nana and Papa. We SO enjoyed our time with them, even though it felt WAY too short!
Another beach portrait. This kept her just enough away from feasting on the beach - yuck!
We bathed her a lot in the sink, which she loved! She was completely enamored with the faucet and that magical water. Explain to me again why us mothers spend so much on all those toys-- she is just as content with bottles, tags and water!
While back at my parent's home in Chocowinity, NC she got to bond with her neices - Grace, Danielle and Allyson. Just watching them was entertainment enough for her.











No comments: