Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving with Friends

This year we couldn't go see family, which we missed dearly! So, since we could visit my sister's family in CO, we decided to spend Thanksgiving with our dear friends, Heather, Freddie and their family. We split up the food and had a feast - including a 20lb turkey (yes, I know), various delicious sides, pumpkin and banana cream pies. yum. Why so much food -- why not!! ;)
While nothing replaces family, it is nice to have such special friends to share the holiday with. We just adore this family and got to meet another wonderful friend of theirs, Wei.
Instead of taking the pictures myself, I put my camera in the trusty hands of Heather's oldest, Kaitlyn. So here is the evening through her eyes. And to be honest, I think it captures the evening better than I ever could. :)

Kaitlyn - the girl behind the camera! :)


No, I am not sleeping on the job, but rather being climbed on by my daughter!


Keith - stop trying to scare the children. hehe

This is an intense competition of Mario Cart on Wiii.

No makeup and a whole lot of food -- so be nice!

Porter even got in on the Wiii action.

Heather - aka - "Super Mom." I keep asking her to write a book. ;) Seriously, one of the sweetest people I know.

Freddie - finally giving in after being chased by Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn - what a goof! :)

Sadie - tons of cute poses in her arsenal
Okay Keith might kill me for posting this - so it might be a limited time viewing.... here is Keith doing the Hula-hoop on the Wiii that night. At least I didn't post it with a suggestive title, like my brother in law Brian did of Tara. tsk, tsk. :) However, I am not above blogging it and laughing at my dear husband's crazy hips - it is like the beast has been unleashed. (I do love you bunches hun!)


No comments: