Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day

I felt so blessed to be celebrating Father's Day with the two most amazing men I know -- my dear husband and father! These two men have been great examples of faith, love and hard work. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I thank God everyday for the joy they bring me.

For 30 years my father has been my hero, my friend, my support system, and my encouragement. I have looked up to him and have held every man in comparison. It is amazing now to see my husband also becoming that kind of father and how our daughter looks at him with that same doe-eyed expression of love. Something about Daddy's and their baby girls. :)

As part of Father's Day, we all went to our church for a special service and I got some pics of us all outside and in the church.  At one point, I look over during the service (when a Father/daughter video is playing) and poor Keith had tears streaming down his face.  Just another reason why I love that man so much!  He's a keeper.  

The competitive streak definitely comes out during the weekend's corn hole and scrabble competitions- I swear I married my father.  ;)

To wrap up Father's Day we all went and pigged out at the Outback.  YUM, YUM!

No comments: