Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meeting Mr. Eli

This past weekend we drove to Louisville, KY to visit our dear friends Andy and Devon and to meet their adorable son Eli.  Sadly, it took us 7 months to see him because of the craziness of life, and our trip was brief - but it was so nice to catch up and to see him in person.  Was a precious addition to the Freeman family he is and we are so blessed to be a part of their lives.  What a special family.

I wish I could have gotten more pictures, but the weekend went by so fast.  Poor Samantha got reacquainted with some baby toys and was fascinated with all of Eli's things.  So she ran through their house checking out all the goodies.  :)  Eli reminded us how chill that 7 month age is and how quickly that goes, as we'd turn around and see our little girl running through the house.  They truly grow up too quick! :)

The Daddies with their handfuls.  I have taken many pictures of these two guys side by side, but this is truly the most precious.
Andy and Eli - so adorable!
Mamas chatting during swing time with the kiddos. 
Eli getting ready for mealtime.
Look closely - yes that is my baby stealing Eli's food tray.  Caught ya! ;)
Enjoying all those baby toys and managing to wedge herself into the Bumbo - though getting out took a little help from Mama.
She got to where she was saying Eli's say (or rather "E-i") and when I asked where he was at that moment, she raised her hands in her common "I don't know" response.  
Her favorite toys are the books, so we made sure to bring a lot with us. 
Enjoying some books with Daddy before bed, while the Mommies sneak off to see the movie -- Eclipse -- SO GOOD!
 Little Miss Drama, getting into telling me about the dog - who was chasing her in the yard for the bottle to play with.  :)

Eating at Puccini's our last day.  This is a typical picture of me with Samantha - I guess since I take 95% of the pictures, my husband has not gotten the act of "get baby's attention first" - I swear the man just barely looks in the camera, snaps and places the camera back in his pocket.  Ugh - men. ;)  Luckily, the other non-posted picture of us together, Samantha is looking in no-man's land with her hands down my shirt -- so this was at least better.  :)

No comments: