Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out on the Town

While in Colorado visiting family I got spoiled by some outings that are normally few and far between since the birth of Miss Samantha.  I got to enjoy two movie outings, one with and one without Sami. 

Shockingly, and to the humor of everyone, Samantha sat through all of the Lightning Thief (amazing movie and books BTW)!  I brought a portable high chair and put her in the seat next to me - I was prepared with tons of snacks, a sippy cup, a binky - but I figured I might just get through the previews if I was lucky!  However, she ate it up!  She sat in her highchair seat happily for the first hour and spent the rest of the time in my lap - we only had to bounce in the aisle for the last 15 minutes.  She laughed, she repeated words (we all chuckled when she said "yeehaw" 3 times after an actor said it, she clapped (and yes at the appropriate time) -- she was a hoot!  I think I watched her expressions as much as the movie!  It was precious!  I think we have a lot of good times in the future we us - what a fun kid!

However, I did get to have 2 adult-only outings.  The first was to a party with my sister and brother-in-law on Saturday night.  Tia set up a babysitter for the kids and after I put down Sami we headed to her neighbors house.  The event required a cute dress (thanks Tia for getting it for me), cute heels and makeup-woohoo!!  It was nice meeting Tia's friends, socializing with adults and yes, partaking in a Rum & Coke and another of Ed's concotions.  Plus, you know me I visited the food tables many times!  

Sorry for the booby shot - why dooes black and gray always look see-through on camera.  oops. ;)


This time Tia, Mom and I went to a girls-only outing to see the movie Shutter Island.  It was great - disturbing, but really good.  I thought Tia would never forgive me, though - as she prefers comedy to physological thrillers (see her commentary on her blog).   :) But, it was great, the popcorn was good and it totally held up to the book (part of my 2010 challenge - great read!).  Unfortunately it was a 9:40pm movie so I thought it was a great idea to head out in sweatpants and a hoodie - not a great photo opt, but had to take a blog pic no matter what.  :)

No comments: