Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I think I'm in trouble...

Samantha is a ham and constantly keeps me in giggles.  Whether it is her boot-scoot'n to music, her contagious laugh, or her love of chasing and being chased - she keeps you smiling.  Yes, she has a flair for the dramatic (as you will see), a quick temper which fades just as quickly (Keith written all over that one), and a child that is also very mellow -- I know sounds opposite to all I said before.  But, she loves to play by herself and could sit with you for hours reading books (and often prefers to play with books).  However, when she has a ready audience she is ON (yes, you can blame the Silverthorne genes for that one!)  ;)  And, I love it!

So, I am going around my butt to get to my elbow, as my dad would say (yeah, figure out that saying in your own time).  I am telling you all this to preface our hysterical outing yesterday.

Mondays are our grocery store days.  With list and weekly menu in hand, we leave after her morning nap (if God blesses us with one) and go pick up a quick lunch together, then go to Aldi and then Walmart.  This makes for a full day for a 14 month old.  At our first stop - Burger King - I got her a happy meal.  The happy meal came with a princess crown. 

Now let me regress and say that my daughter loves hats, headbands, etc (probably because I have put them on her since birth) and is lately into trying to put them on herself, as well as socks and shoes (obviously she can't, but she tries).

So once seeing this crown, her face literally lit up!  She kept putting it on her head and giggling.  If it fell off, she replaced it.  Honestly, she was in hog's heaven.  So, I assumed this interest would wear off, but no.  If it fell off, she immediately replaced it.  So we proceeded through most of our day out in public with my daughter sporting a crown and a giddy laugh and smile.  And boy did she get attention -- and she loved it! 

She is a total girl and a total princess -- and I truly think this is a sign for trouble.  But, it just recomfirms how much I love little girls!

Of course I didn't have anything to take a photo in Walmart, but here are some picks from that evening at home.  :)


1 comment:

Tia Bach said...

She truly is a princess, so I'm glad she enjoyed her crown!