Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend with Keith's sister, Vicki, and her family. We had a lot of fun, despite the dreary weather. We went to City Market and the Canal downtown, Dave & Busters for games and food, grilled out, played lots of Corn Hole, and Keith made his amazing Margaritas and Pina Coladas.

We also got to enjoy the fireworks. Though, we didn't even have to leave our neighborhood. Even with us going on our third year in Indy, I can't get over the type of fireworks you can let off in your neighborhood - they are like professional fireworks. In WV, we got excited to let off fountains, twirlers and smoke bombs...here you let off the big boys. And, you ought to see how excited the guys get... they were giggling like Beavis and Butthead the whole time, as they let them off.

Here is a short video of the fireworks let off by one of our neighbors down the street. For all of you non-Indys you will be shocked! This is what you can buy at your fireworks store. Keith even let off a few this size, but out of all the videos I took this came out the best. I was scared to death that someone would lose an arm, but it was amazing to watch. Boys and their toys! ;)



Here are also some great pictures from the whole weekend. We had a great time with Vicki, Randy, Logan and Haley. Samantha got spoiled with all the attention - and loved every minute of it.

Samantha also got to sport an adorable 4th of July outfit sent by Nana (my Mom). She stopped traffic everywhere she went that day.

2 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Looks like a fun holiday!
Samantha is so adorable, and VERY cute in her Holiday outfit!

If you liked Twilight you should pick up Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins...its AMAZING!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I'm so glad you enjoy my book blog! You should start one too, I'd love to see your book reviews!
I'm just changing my blog to: www.thesweetbookshelf.blogspot.com

I've got a book giveaway going on this weekend! Stop on by!

It's been good getting in touch, email me sometime and we can chat. marydebastos@yahoo.com