Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Ideal Day

Okay, so if you have read any of my blog entries you know how much I adore my family - both mine and Keith's - so it should come as no shock how I wanted to be surrounded by them for my birthday!  As you can already tell, my family made my 30th birthday the best ever!  One of the most special parts of this birthday was that my mother flew into Indy to share my actual birthday with me.  I cannot even remember the last time I got this honor. 

It was also cool because Tia left Sunday and within half an hour I picked up Mom at the airport too - never before have I been at the airport to both drop and pick someone up.  I loved it!!  I'd have company in non-stop if I could.  ;)

Mom was here from Sunday until Wednesday, when we flew to NC to see Dad, Tara and her family.  While here, we enjoyed lunches out, shopping trips, lots of play-time with Samantha, and just mother-daughter bonding.  Keith, Samantha and Mom went out of their way to make me feel SO special on that day.  Plus, the  birthday wishes, sweet cards and gifts, and the love that poured in from family and friends just reminded me how blessed I am and just how many wonderful people I have in my life.  Thank you God!

 Birthday lunch at Olive Garden and a girls day out!

Dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse.  We were worried - we were the only ones there forever (surprisingly the woman seating us scolded us for being early -- I guess she was worried where to seat us.  ;) ).  Luckily, the food was pretty good and heck, we can entertain ourselves anywhere - even if it was mostly in giggles about the oriental waitress that kept cleaning our child or the other odd people in the restaurant.  Oh well - another adventure.  :)  As you can see, Samantha thoroughly enjoyed herself.
She eats like her mommy - just shovels that food right in!
Sported this killer set of heals and cute top from my dear friend Kris, who set me up with an amazing Mommy-wardrobe.  I think she is worried that I typical wear PJ pants and no-makeup...oh wait, I do do that.  Thanks, Kris for hooking me up!! Love ya! :)
Picking flowers (or as Keith sees it, spreading the weeds.  ;) )
Boot-scooting EVERYWHERE!  Man, they get quick fast!
She definitely wanted to lead - she would go up to everyone's garage door and say "knock, knock" ;)
I blame Nana for this hairstyle. ;)
Yes, sadly I asked for a new whisk for one of my birthday gifts from Keith - don't judge, this happens when you get 30!  
And yes, a new toaster -- don't judge Keith, this is what I wanted.  Okay, okay - enough with the snickering.  And this explains more why my dear, single friend Kris got me the "cool-Mom" heels and wardrobe -- I think it is obvious the frumpy path I am headed down. :)

No comments: