Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Vacation

Samantha and I had a very special vacation to North Carolina this summer.  We spent 2 1/2 weeks with my parents - the first 1 1/2 weeks at their home in Chocowinity, NC and then Keith joined us for the last week with both of my sisters and their kids at the Outer Banks.  What a special time it was, to see Samantha hanging out with all the kids - just think, there was 7 girls 10 yrs and younger.  It was crazy, but SO much fun! 

The weather was hot and beautiful!  We enjoyed it at the pool, beach, playing in the afternoon showers outside, at playgrounds, shopping, eating great food and the adult even had an afternoon on the jet skis.  To top it all off, I got to be there to celebrate my sister Tia's 38th birthday and my sister Tara's 35th birthday!  I also got to teach at my sisters gym...my first time teaching ZUMBA!  It was amazing!  I got such a great response and so much support, that it just affirmed this new chapter of my life.  It was a great way to get me ready for my fall teaching at Michele's Studio.  Thanks Tara for all your support and to Tia for practicing with me many nights at Mom's house and of course, to Mom for watching the kids as us girls worked out! 

Of course, as you can imagine I took hundreds of pictures over this 2 1/2 week span, so I am going to try to pare it down.  Bear with me!  (This is why it has taken me weeks to post this!!) :)

The little lights of our lives (left-->right) - Jackie, Dani, Reagan, Maddie, Grace, Allyson and Samantha.  A rare photo with no meltdowns.  :)
The picture right after that...yes, Samantha was done!  ;)
The older kids romping on the playground.  I love this pic and boy do I miss them all!  Wish we lived closer!
That right there folks, is what life is ALL about! 
A rare photo of the 5 of us -- a strong family blessed by God.  And blessed by my brother in law Brian who is taking the photo and wraggling the kids.  ;)  
I don't know what I'd do without my sisters - they are my rocks and my best friends! 
Lots of Estrogen -- and we love it that way!
Wait - how did they manage a chance to sit down and relax!?  ;)  Good to see Keith home and getting a chance to reunite with everyone.   I know Dad appreciates having another man around.
Samantha and Allyson goofing around - they were best buddies this trip.  So much fun to watch!
We took the kids crabbing off the marina piers - summer tradition!  Everyone had a blast except my sister Tara, who about scared the mess out of all of us, screaming every time a crab moved.  Ahhh Tara :)
Me and my Daddy.  
Me and my baby -- isn't it funny how life comes full circle!
Tia and her girls.  We all missed you Ed -- you were the only missing link! 
Tara, Brian and their little girls.  
Ocean time with Daddy - Samantha much preferred being in his arms to being in the cold water.
Mama (Nana) and Reagan - a picture worth a thousand words.
My favorite picture of me and Samantha -- yes, she actually posed!  She is such a toot! 
Tara and Brian -- see Brian no more whining...there are finally some pics of you.  ;)
Tia and Maddie celebrating Tia's 38th 
This is just giving me a glimpse into the future ... Keith with 2 babies on his lap.  What a good man I married.
 Mama and Tia :)
Thanks to the two most important people of my life that make all this happen.  Thank you for spoiling us, for raising us to know that family is the most important thing, and to constantly be reminders of the blessings God gives us!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hmm... A glimpse into the future... 2 babies on his lap... How far into the future are we talking here?!?!? lol All the pictures are great. Miss you guys.

Tia Bach said...

I love all the pictures... how many different media sources did you announce I was 38?!?!?