Monday, May 18, 2009

Crazy, Wonderful Week

So, the past week has been crazy but wonderful! After Kris left us, we got back into our normal routine (somewhat). The Moms group that I just started for my church had two events - Toddler Time and a luncheon at the mall. Both events were fun, despite smaller turnouts. Nonetheless I got to meet with and talk to some amazing women, and my girlfriend Heather and her adorable kids got to even join us on Friday for lunch at the mall. Heather also helped me find an adorable bathing suit for Samantha at the mall, for our upcoming Disney trip. It was perfect! And, it will proudly highlight her adorable Michelin Man legs. ;)

I also got to join my girlfriend Maria for our weekly breakfast. Her daughter Merrell is a sweetie and is totally smitten with "Baby Sami" as well, despite the fact that she can't join Merrell in playing -- soon enough she will, though.

Keith finally got two much needed days off from work. I hate these months of nights, but I relish in his days off when we have him to ourselves. :) We tried to let him rest up some, but we also wrangled him into some window shopping, a nice lunch outing, snuggling up in front of a movie (Benjamin Button -- AMAZING BTW!!), and tons of walks.

On Sunday, we joined a new Bible Study with our church. It is another group, in addition to our Wednesday night Life Together Group. Our friends Maria and Brian from church decided to start it up, and we were so excited to join them. So, on Sunday they cooked out for all of us and discussed how everything would run. We also got to meet some new faces - which is always fun. We are beginning with ACTS and are jumping into official discussions next weekend, which I am looking forward to. Now, I have NO excuse not read the Bible!

Lastly, we have been prepping for a rotation Keith has in DC next year. We are renting a place with some other residents for his rotation there. So, all of those plans were in the works.

Therefore, needless to say, it had been a CRAZY, but WONDERFUL week! I do feel so blessed though, to be surrounded by so many wonderful people - they make it all so much fun!



No comments: