Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time To Reunite With a Dear Friend

One of my dearest friends, whom I have known since High School, flew from DC to visit us this past weekend. Kris and I have remained like sisters over these past 12 years, despite the many moves and miles between us. It was great having her here to meet Samantha for the first time and to just get to talk with her in person. We spent the weekend going on lots of walks (as you see above), shopping, having lots of girl talk (I think we could talk people into deafness), and playing with Samantha. As if she needed to be spoiled any more than she already is, Kristina just kept spoiling her with hugs, kisses, and outfits for our upcoming Disney trip.
Here we finally got an updated picture of us. Sadly, we usually forget to take pictures when we are together or one of us threatens the other that it can never be shown (as most women, we hate all pics taken of ourselves). ;) This time, it included our new addition -- Samantha! As you can tell, Samantha hates the camera. :)
Kris and Samantha had some one-on-one time, too. While I don't think Kris ran home with her biological clock ticking, I do know she relished in being Auntie Kris! :) Samantha also ate up the attention.

I have more pictures that I will update later, but I wanted to put a post up to celebrate our time together. It was a wonderful weekend and a great reminder of how much love we have in our lives. Kris has been a part of so many of my greatest memories and has always been a support system for me, that it is so nice to see her sharing in the life of my daughter as well. Samantha will grow up knowing and loving her crazy and fun Auntie Kris. I will be so boring in comparison! :)






No comments: