Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mothers Day

I had a wonderful First Mother's Day! I got to share in this Mother's Day with not only Keith and Sami, but also my friend Kristina.

For Mother's Day, Keith surprised me with a bouquet of flowers, an incredibly sweet card and a beautiful plaque. Samantha also wrote me a card -- it is amazing how well she can write -- she is a savant (ok, I know it was Keith -- but that is one of the many reasons I love my hubby). ;) However, she did wake me up around 5 am in the morning -- she must have been just too excited to sleep in. ;)
Kristina also surprised me with a book that I am SO excited to read. I am hoping I can learn some great tips from it, and (as appropriately titled) a Take 5 candy bar (one of my favorites). Of course, she also had an amazing card!

Mom and my sisters sent cards -- they are amazing! Tia even sent a special surprise in the mail, that I just got today. I will post on that later, since it is also a special gift for Samantha's room. I also got some great phone calls and emails from loved ones.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that Keith took me to Olive Garden -- and if you know me well, you know that this was the clincher to a truly perfect day.

I truly feel so blessed to be a mother! This is the most amazing time of my life. I thank God for my amazing family and friends every day.

I hope that all of you Mothers had a special day and that you felt enveloped with love!



1 comment:

afw27 said...

Haha! Wow, sounds very eventful compared to our "work around the house" day. Glad to hear that your first Mother's Day was one you'll never forget!