Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sarah's Baby Shower


A dear friend of mine, Sarah, is pregnant with a boy and I had the privileged of throwing her a baby shower at my old stomping ground, Herron High School. A friend and co-worker, Dahnya, helped me with the planning and prep. Despite the craziness of Samantha and I prepping during school hours and amongst students I hadn't seen in so long (I realize how much I miss them all when I see them), it went off without a hitch and most importantly, Sarah seemed to have a great time! :)

In fact, here she is grinning from ear to ear. I made her wear a "New Mom" tiarra and we adorned her guest of honor chair. It was great seeing her in that moment -- I remember how much I loved being pregnant and the excitement and reality that the showers brought with them. :)
Sarah had a great turn-out of students and faculty. It was great for me to also see and catch-up with old faculty there. Plus, I am learning that I have started a baby-boom at Herron - 4 of the teachers are now either pregnant or their spouses are. Though, it seems the girl trend has so far stopped with me. That is okay though, because it was neat seeing Sarah's shower -- one immersed in blue and not pink.

After being lugged around in a Baby Bjourn and in my arms for about 1 1/2 hours of decorating, she pooped out for some of the shower. It gave me some much needed time to pass out gifts, enjoy the party and dig into the food.

Here are the four amigos - Dahnya, Sarah, Samantha and myself. What a great afternoon! I am so excited to be a part of this new chapter of Sarah's life - she has been such a dear friend and will be an amazing mother. Plus, she will bring Samantha a new playmate here soon. :)


1 comment:

afw27 said...

Wow this came up fast! Haha, looked pretty cool Mami.